“In this age of micro-blogging and two-second sound bites, almost no one has the attention span, or time, to read more than a few sentences.”
- Tim Frick, Author of Return to Engagement
Wajeez, an Arabic word, means concise and short, conveying the meaning with the least number of words. The moto of Wajeez is simple: Life Is Short Articles! And so I shall try to post concise and short useful articles, along with some of my personal findings and endeavors.
Who writes here?
Raouf Shabayek, a veteran blogger, editor, and book author. He is working in Dubai, UAE since 2001. I’ve authored an eBook titled: 101 Tips for People Moving to Dubai, based on the experience I gained after working in UAE for over 12 years. You can buy it for your iPhone or iPad reading pleasure here. Price is $9.99.
- January 18, 2010. First post published!
- July 22, 2010. My post 6 Lessons that Nokia learned from Apple got over 700 unique pageviews in one day.
- Sept. 9, 2010. My post 5 Lessons I’ve learned from playing TF2 got over 1540 unique pageviews in one day. Long live TF2 fans!
- Dec 31, 2010. My 100th post was reached with Facebook, the Top Search Term in the US.
- Jan 19, 2011. Wajeez’s Alexa Traffic Rank went up to 976,610.
- Feb 2012, Alexa’s rank touched 620,000.
“Raouf has an insight seasoned with wisdom, in depth knowledge of culture, and the elusive instinct of success. This was a requirement when working with a culture and geography vaguely familiar to me. I have enjoyed working with Raouf, his communication has been timely and his quality of work has truly been quality.” – Ryan Hart, HartVentures.net