The iPhone 5 is mainly praised for speed, call clarity and battery life on Viewpoints, a leading consumer reviews and product rankings website. Based on consumer sentiment, the iPhone 5 -32GB ($299) is rated 94/100, based on 5 reliable reviews.
Besides a larger screen, the most significant changes from the iPhone 4S are a faster processor and the ability to use advanced cellular networks, 4G LTE.
- “I will say the web browsing does seem faster… the speed increase is noticeable.”–Matt
Nearly everyone reports the iPhone 5 battery is stronger compared to older iPhones.
- “With Wi-Fi turned on, playing games, accessing the web and on a hour-long conference call, the battery never faltered. After 24 hrs and heavy use, more than 60% power still available.” –TerryNakagawa
- “…5am until midnight … can’t complain about that.” –Kyrshen
Apple replaced Google Maps with its own “retarded” map application, which lacks functionality, like display of public transportation, an “epic fail” according to some users. Yet this did not stop iPhone users from loving the iPhone 5.
- “The new Apple Maps are just stunning, the 3D angle and flying sensation are terrific.”–GibOlander
- “Sure, there’s hubbub around Apple Maps. But think of it this way… the iPhone 5 has more computing power than NASA did when they sent a man to the moon in 1969. The phone is spectacular.” –rma288
- “I can’t see myself EVER going back to Android!…Gorgeous. Sleek. Modern” –Jnystul
Based on those early reviews, people are obviously passionate about the iPhone 5.
Viewpoints is the place where consumers air their opinions and rank home and kitchen appliances, electronics, health and beauty products, baby items and more. The site features 500,000+ unfiltered, authentic end-user reviews and generates an exclusive ranking of products to help consumers find the best value. Both reviews and rankings are available free of charge and without registration.